Tuesday, April 12, 2011

"Yay the jumpoline place!"

We have a little trampoline at home in the basement. The kids have a great time jumping and playing on it. So when my sis in law, Amy, called about the groupon for this new trampoline place in Draper, we were all over it. The title of this post refers to Seth and his term for trampolines. Ella had already visited this fine establishment but this was Seth's maiden voyage.



Here he is with his good friend/surrogate big brother, Matthew. They were playing in the dodge ball section of the arena. Seth and Matt were teamed up against Matt's Uncle.



The double bomber. Yes, his skills are far beyond his years.



Ella and Kaylie went into the "big kid" section. Here they are showing off their sweet jump on one foot moves.



Kaylie with the mad arm stand jump up move.



They mostly loved this room for the trampolines on the walls. They made for quite the unique jumping experience.



Once Seth discovered the foam pit. That was the end. There was actually another larger foam pit in the next room. It was for older kids and there was a line of about 5 kids waiting their turn to jump in. Seth discovered if you ran up the stairs at top speed and zoomed past the line you didn't even have to wait your turn. Unfortunately he was unable to get out of the pit on his own. I had to do the walk of shame past the disgruntled tweens to claim him from the foam pit. I wish I could say that it only happened once.



The foam blocks were not only fun to jump on but made excellent building material.



And excellent to knock over, especially when it is someone elses tower.



Kaylie's Uncle was nice enough to hurl the kids into the foam a few times.



Ella preferred to just jump in.



Seth just randomly fell in.



I asked the kids to smile for a picture. Seth was a bit distracted but Ella set him straight, literally.



After a little while Seth got the courage to venture into the "big kid" area. I admit I hovered a lot but he did great.



He discovered that he could climb on the small towers and jump off. Luckily there was a taller tower that he couldn't quite get on top of. Phew!



I totally enjoyed myself watching Seth try to jump on and then climb up the wall trampolines. Priceless!

3 comments:

Amanda Tippetts said...

It looks like a lot of fun. I'm glad you had a good time and your pictures capture some great moments.

Donna said...

Love this line: "I had to do the walk of shame..."

I am continually surprised at how big Seth and Ella are getting. What a great post and fun writing--you'll love re-reading it later when you print your blog book.

Rebecca N said...

Hi there, you don't know me, but I was googling my own name and found your blog. I find it incredibly amusing, as my husband and I are also "Rob and Rebecca Nielsen" and we are also in the Salt Lake area. Amazing coincidence!