We have been signing Ella up for different classes to find out what she enjoys. Next on the list was ballet and tap. We got all the needed equipment i.e. leotards, ballet shoes, pink skirt, tights, tap shoes and Ella was having a lovely time parading around the house in them. I told her we should put some music on and dance and she requested "Single Ladies" that Beyonce song. The girl has got some moves and I am not referring to Beyonce. I just love a little girl in pink ballet clothes-so cute.
Ella before class started swinging on the bar. Her favorite part of the entire experience.
The tide turned when we actually went to class. The teacher was wonderful but Ella quickly felt frustrated because most of the students had been in the class for a month. They were preparing for a performance in June and had already learned the routine. We had just signed up before the deadline but probably should not have signed up that late. Plus she was the youngest child in the class (most of the other kids were 5). Within 10 minutes of the class beginning Ella was crying and writhing on the floor. She spent the rest of the class on my lap telling me she never wanted to come back. Perhaps we will attempt ballet/tap in a another year or so and I will get my act together and sign up early! Needless to say we are taking a break from classes for a while.
1 comment:
That is a bummer about ballet! I hope there is a class she finds that she loves! Seems like she'll be good at whatever she picks. What a cute smart girl.
Post a Comment